It's a new year.
It's a frightening year, to be honest. I mean, there's going to be so many changes and new environments. Of course, not to mention all the challenges and responsibilities.
Therefore, I hope I have started my year on the right track. That is, since I'm so free now, I really ought to do something other than ballet lessons and slacking at home. Hence...I decided to dedicate some time to church.
By joining Project Timothy!
Today was Proj.Tim's first session. It was held in Dickson's house and lasts for 3 hours or so. Kind of realize that 16 years old (those turning 17 this year that is) are the youngest there. Most of the participents (also known as the Timothys), are all either 18 or 19. Some are working or studying in university now. The timetable seems frighteningly busy with so much hands-on projects such as organizing the campus celebration held on the first friday of every month and Ministry Attachments. But oh! I'm sure it would be really beneficial for me!Can't wait for the mission trip in June...
Also, I joined the Poly/ITE cell, which is held every Wednesday night in Dickson's house. It was good that I know a couple of people there such as Shin Hwey, Melissa, Joshua, Sherron, someone who looked really really like Yeah Lih and some others whom I have forgotten their names...
This is probably what my schedule will look like now until March:
Monday- Ballet (8-9.30pm)
Tuesday- Free
Wednesday- Cell group (7-10pm)
Thursday- Ballet (5-6.30pm, 8.30-9.45pm)
Friday- Campus Celebration (5-10pm?)
Saturday- Proj.Tim (10.30-1pm), church service (4.30-6.30pm)
Sunday- Free
Well.
At least most of my nights are filled up. Which leaves room for other stuffs like the Proj.Tim projects to be done in the mornings and afternoons. That also means I can spend my time constructively as well.
*from the movie: Hot Shots* [
Warning: Not actual quotes]
Scene: Main character finds the prisoner, Dexter, and is trying to rescue him out of the house.
Dexter (played by Rowan Atkinson): I can't go anywhere, they've tied my shoelaces...
Main character (whose name I've forgotten): What?!
Dexter: Dead knot...
Main character: Bastards!
*cough* Yeah, I know I'm not suppose to use vulgarities but this is just some quotes. I couldn't stop laughing at this, it's just...ridiculous!!
Oh, and now my sis wants me to join Badminton classes, probably on Sundays...wow. Anyway, I hope all of you are spending your time constructively as well!
"Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."